With Summer officially here, travel is on the rise — whether it’s traveling for a family gathering or a much-needed vacation.
However, it’s important to remember that travel this summer will look different than it has in previous summers. We are still in the middle of a pandemic.
At Alexander Shunnarah Trial Attorneys we want to make sure you have a safe and fun Summer.
Read our tips below on how to be prepared and travel safely.
- Decide the route you’ll be taking. Plan for stops at clean and safe rest areas.
- Pick up food at drive-throughs, curbside restaurant service, or stores.
- Decide who will be driving. If you are traveling a long distance, it’s a good idea to rotate drivers. This will keep everyone rested and limit drowsiness behind the wheel.
- Bring enough of your medicine to last you for the entire trip.
- Pack enough alcohol-based hand sanitizer and keep it within easy to reach.
- Bring a face covering to wear in public places.
- Prepare food and water for your trip. Pack non-perishable food in case restaurants and stores are closed.
It’s easy to pile all the luggage into the trunk when getting ready to travel. Some questions you should ask yourself before you hit the road is, “Can the driver see through the back?” or “Is there any luggage that could cause damage to someone in the car if we were to get in an accident?”
Take steps to protect yourself from COVID-19 when booking accommodations or planning an overnight stay. If you are considering cleaning your travel lodgings, see CDC’s guidance on how to clean and disinfect.
Protect Yourself, Your Family & Your Community:
Remember, we’re still in the middle of a pandemic. We can’t let up on safety measures yet if we want to get back to normal.
Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place. If you don’t have soap and water, use hand sanitizer. Avoid close contact with others. Wear a mask or face-covering in public places.