Carrollton Uber Accident Lawyer
Serving Carrollton Uber Accident Victims
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Injured In An Uber Accident?
We Will Go To War For You
When using an Uber to get around Carrollton you may not even think about the risks of an accident. Being a passenger in an Uber gives you the opportunity to enjoy the ride, look at your phone, read a book, prepare for work, etc.
But what happens if the Uber driver gets into an accident and you are injured? Who can be held responsible? The driver? Uber? These are the questions our Carrollton Uber Accident Lawyers help victims answer every day.
Having an Uber accident lawyer on your side is essential for your claim for assistance navigating the legal system, evaluating the facts, and, if required, proving liability. It’s even more crucial if your claim need to go to trial.
Numerous factors can affect an Uber accident claim. Some important aspects may be to understand, such as whose insurance coverage is responsible for compensation; the driver’s personal auto insurance policy? Uber’s coverage for passengers? A business policy? Another drivers policy? Don’t stress trying to solve these answers by yourself. Click the button below to talk to an Uber Accident Lawyer to learn how you can get compensation.
Our Attorneys Go To War Fight For You Get Compensation
How Will Alexander Shunnarah Trial Attorneys Help My Uber Accident Case?
The Uber accident attorneys at Alexander Shunnarah Trial Attorneys can make a big difference in the settlement outcome. There is no other law firm that will fight as hard as we do to make sure our clients get maximum compensation. The proof is in the numbers.
- 60,000+ Satisfied Clients
- 1,000,000,000+ Recovered for Clients
Having an experienced attorney on your side means all the necessary evidence that is needed to prove the request for compensation will be gathered. An experienced attorney can use the information given from the police report and pictures of the accident scene and has access to an accident recreation specialist if needed. They also have the knowledge to calculate non-economic damages such as pain and suffering.
Timing Is Critical! Don’t Delay Hiring An Attorney!
The sooner you contact, the better, even if the majority of states have a 2-year window for personal injury cases. The evidence is easier to acquire, all medical expenses are paid for, and you receive the maximum compensation if you hire a lawyer as soon as possible.
There is absolutely NO RISK IN CALLING TODAY for a free consultation! Join the 60,000+ individuals who have already received compensation for their injuries! See what a handful of our grateful clients had to say below.
What Should I Do If I'm a Passenger in an Uber During an Accident?
If you are involved in an accident while riding as a passenger in an Uber, it is important to take action immediately. You must do everything possible to protect yourself and ensure that you receive fair compensation for injuries sustained in the crash.
Report What Happened Right Away
Following the accident, you must promptly inform the authorities. It doesn’t matter if you weren’t severely hurt or if the collision was only small.
If you want to receive a fair payout for the accident you were in, a police accident report is essential. In order for them to investigate what happened, you must contact the authorities as quickly as you can.
Seek Medical Care
You should see a doctor after any automobile accident, regardless of whether you were driving or had an Uber driver. Whiplash injuries can even occur in accidents at slow speeds and do not always immediately present themselves.
Your health is usually the most crucial issue when you are involved in an Uber accident; thus every detail is significant. Whether you were the driver or the passenger, you still need to make sure that everyone in the area is safe.
Hire an Attorney Who Understands Uber Claims
Are you unsure about the type of attorney you need after an Uber accident? You must retain a personal injury lawyer with experience in ride-sharing claims. These lawyers understand how to obtain financial compensation in the event of an accident.
When you hire a personal injury lawyer, they will walk you through the legal process, assist you in gathering the evidence, and negotiate with the insurance company representatives. They are specialists with extensive expertise and solid understanding who will zealously support your position.
Remember That Several Parties May Be Responsible
Each Uber accident is different, which is one of the reasons it’s crucial to get legal counsel from an injury law company.
In some situations, the Uber driver may be liable, in other situations, though, another careless motorist might be at blame. Occasionally, multiple people are responsible for what occurred, as would be the case if a commercial truck was involved.
Additionally, in another circumstance, if the Uber driver did not offer safety features as a seat belt, they could still be held partially responsible even if another driver caused the accident.
With all these variables, it is easy to see how an Uber accident attorney can help navigate the complicated process. With an attorney on your side you can focus on healing from your injuries.
Frequently Asked Questions for Uber Accident Lawyers
As experienced Carrollton Uber Accident Lawyers, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions.
Every accident case is different. Contact our legal team today for a free consultation to discuss your case and see how much compensation you are entitled to.
Determining liability is a key factor for a Uber accident claims. Your accident lawyer can help in deciphering who is legally responsible for compensating you for your injuries. There are several different circumstances when it comes to Uber drivers and the liability policy.
The insurance policy used after traffic accidents depends on whether the Uber driver was offline or in Periods 1, 2, or 3.
- If The Driver Was Offline: Being offline means the Uber driver was not logged into the Uber app. If the driver gets into an accident while being offline, the accident would only be covered by their personal insurance policy.
- Period 1: If the driver is logged into the Uber app but has not yet accepted a ride, they are in Period 1. In this period, the insurance policy limits are:
- $50,000 of bodily injury liability coverage per person injured
- $100,000 of bodily injury liability coverage per accident
- $30,000 of property damage liability coverage per accident
- $200,000 in additional liability insurance is also provided in Period 1
- Period 2: The Uber driver is in Period 2 once they accept a trip
- Period 3: The Uber driver is in Period 3 when they pick up a passenger
- In periods 2 and 3, Uber provides drivers with:
- $1 million in commercial auto insurance
- $1 million in uninsured motorist coverage and underinsured motorist coverage
Claims for fatal car accidents, including in an Uber, include wrongful death damages along with all damages that can be awarded in a normal car accident. Wrongful death damages that are added to fatal car accidents can include funeral and burial costs, loss of inheritance, loss of consortium, and loss of future pay.
If your Uber ride ended in an accident, you may be able file a lawsuit against both the driver and the business. It’s a major firm, so keep in mind that they can contest the claim, and you could lose. Uber has lawyers to fight for them, so you need to find an attorney who is willing to take aggressive action to fight for your rights.
The last thing on your mind when you use any ridesharing service is getting hurt in an accident. Unfortunately, it does occur occasionally. It is advised to hire personal injury attorneys who focus on these issues when you are hurt in a rideshare accident.
The majority of personal injury attorneys that focus on assisting victims of accidents involving uber do so on a contingency fee basis. They don’t have any upfront costs or out-of-pocket charges. The lawyers are only compensated if they are successful in getting you compensation! Now is the perfect opportunity to contact us for a free consultation with no risk to you.
Every state has a statute of limitations to take legal action for personal injury accidents, so don’t delay in calling an attorney to ensure a fair settlement.
If you were hurt while riding in an Uber, you are entitled to monetary compensation for injuries suffered. There are three types of damages, economic, non-economic, and punitive, that you may be eligible to receive compensation for.
Economic Damages: These are damages that have specific financial losses associated with them. They include:
- medical bills, including those for medicine and therapy
- Cost of an ambulance trip
- damage to property (Such personal items that were damaged, such as a cell phone, laptop, etc)
- Lost wages, both past and present, if applicable
Non-economic damages: These are damages that have no accompanying direct costs, these are more challenging to quantify. This comprises of:
- Distress and suffering
- emotional angst
- decrease in enjoyment
- loss of consortium
Punitive Damages: This type of damage is only added to compensation in specific cases. When an accident is caused due to extreme negligence, such as driving drunk, punitive damages can be added as a financial punishment to the at-fault driver
In order to have a smooth process and obtain the best outcomes possible, there are some things you should avoid in addition to those you should keep in mind when you are involved in an Uber accident. Check out the following list of behaviors you ought to avoid:
- Never threaten the other party: After any Uber or normal car accidents, some people allow their emotions to get the better of them and threaten physical assault to the other driver. Avoid doing that if you want to make a claim and receive the compensation you are entitled to because it could be used as evidence against you.
- Don’t accept cash in exchange for the damages you’ve experienced; occasionally, insurance company representatives or other parties may make you an advance cash offer. Even if you’re in a dire situation, you shouldn’t take it. Accepting it means you’re accepting the offer, which could work against you if you want to obtain a just settlement.
- Avoid sharing what happened on social media: If you’re unhappy, you might be inclined to share your accident on social media. But if you have to go to trial, that is evidence against you and could work against you. Wait until everything is over before publishing what happened on social media. Keep the situation private between you and your loved ones.
- Don’t confess fault: This advice is pretty self-explanatory, but it’s necessary to be reminded because some individuals become anxious under pressure. You should never accept fault, even if you believe you are at fault. Wait until you have legal representation, then let them assist you.
Never go through the procedure alone; there are experts available to assist you, particularly if they are personal injury attorneys. They are aware of your suffering and the uncertainty surrounding your situation. Get all the legal advice you require by hiring a rideshare accident attorney from a firm that handles injury cases.
Depending on the severity of the collision, Uber accidents, like other normal car accidents, can result in a wide range of injuries. Among the most typical are:
- Broken bones
- Brain injuries
- Back sprains
- Neck or Whiplash Injuries
- Internal Wounds
These are only a few of the injuries a person could sustain. And this does not include the emotional distress it may have caused. Your Uber Accident Attorney is able to calculate pain and suffering and other emotional trauma you have endured.
Although all drivers have the potential to cause collisions, rideshare drivers are more likely to do so for the following reasons:
1. Distracted Driving: As rideshare passengers continue to board the car, the ridesharing driver may become preoccupied with chatting with the passengers, adjusting the radio or temperature for the visitor, or trying to follow a GPS to the desired spot.
2. Looking around for passengers: When the rideshare app warns them they are close to their next pickup, they frequently look around and divert their attention from the road in order to find the passenger.
3. Driver Fatigue: Since many rideshare company drivers drivers work into the night, they may be too exhausted to drive safely.
4. Dangerous Driving: Because rideshare services are paid by the trip, the driver may drive recklessly by speeding or weaving in and out of traffic to boost their revenues for the evening.
5. Driver Negligence: Along with being distracted due to the passengers, as mentioned above, other examples of driver negligence are texting, eating, phone calls, or other events that make a ridesharing driver take their eyes off the road.
Let Us Fight For You!
Alexander Shunnarah Trial Attorneys is a dedicated accident law firm that fights for the rights of accident victims. If you were injured in an Uber accident in Carrollton, you have the right to compensation.
The legal process can be tricky, especially while you are recovering from the accident. Let us fight this battle for you. We strive to fight for you and your family. We will GO TO WAR for victims. Call today for a free, no obligation consultation.
Call Alexander Shunnarah Personal Injury attorneys today at 1-800-229-7989 for a free consultation.
Alexander Shunnarah Trial Attorneys is known nationwide for providing outstanding legal advice and excellent representation. We have recovered over $1 billion in lawsuits involving 18 wheeler trucking litigation, wrongful death litigation, commercial vehicle litigation, motorcycle litigation, catastrophic litigation, and mass torts involving medical devices and bad drug litigation. Our prowess in the legal arena comes from our combined years of trial and complex litigation experience.
We founded our practice on the belief that the 7th amendment and the civil jury system is the best means to provide compensation to injured parties and deter wrongdoers from injuring others in the future.