If you or a loved one have experienced side effects or complications after using Risperdal, you may be eligible to file a claim against Johnson & Johnson. The Alexander Shunnarah Injury Personal Injury Attorneys are investigating claims that Johnson & Johnson and its Janssen unit hid serious risks when marketing the antipsychotic drug Risperdal (risperidone).
Risperdal is an atypical anti-psychotic medication approved to treat symptoms of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and autism. Unfortunately, thousands of doctors have prescribed Risperdal for unapproved uses, with serious consequences. The use of Risperdal has been linked to a condition called gynecomastia, or the enlargement of male breast tissue. This condition has been seen in young boys who have used Risperdal.
Risperdal has been linked to many severe side effects, including:
- Gynecomastia (growth of male breasts, which may be painful or tender)
- Galactorrhea (production of milk from breasts)
- Diabetes, high blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
- Bone loss (demineralization)
- Sexual dysfunction
- Pituitary tumors
- Tardive dyskinesia (involuntary movement disorder)
- Weight gain, which may be severe
- Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS)
- Heart problems, heart attack, irregular heart rhythm
- Increased risk of death among elderly people with dementia
Risperidone is a potent antipsychotic drug that is mainly used to treat schizophrenia (including adolescent schizophrenia), schizoaffective disorder, the mixed and manic states associated with bipolar disorder, and irritability in people with autism. Risperdal is made and sold by the Johnson & Johnson subsidiary Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc.
If you or someone you know has been affected by the Risperdal and would like to know about how Alexander Shunnarah Personal Injury Attorneys can represent you, please don’t hesitate to contact us to review your case and submit a claim. A case review is free and has no obligation.