Alexander Shunnarah Personal Injury Attorneys, P.C. have a few useful travel safety tips to help protect you during vacation travel:
- Take turns behind the wheel: If you are traveling a long distance, it’s a good idea to rotate drivers. This will keep everyone rested and limit drowsiness behind the wheel.
- Never leave valuables in plain view in your car: Be sure to lock items in your trunk before you reach your destination or if you stop for a pit stop.
- Inspect your hotel room: If you are staying in a hotel, make sure your room has secure locks on the windows and doors to help prevent break-ins.
- Store valuable items in a safe place: If your hotel offers a safe, use it! It is a great location to store valuable items you do not want stolen when you leave your room.
- When drinking, decide your limit: Deciding on your boundaries before going out helps resist temptations later and helps makes your next day more enjoyable.
- Keep an eye on your drink: Going to the bathroom? Take your drink with you! It’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Stay safe in the sun: Keep hydrated by drinking lots of water. If you feel faint, get in the shade. Make sure to reapply sunscreen often to prevent burns as well.
- Be aware of your surroundings: Stay alert in all situations, especially in unfamiliar areas. This can help prevent an accident or attack.
If you or a loved one was injured because of truck or car accident, call the attorneys at Alexander Shunnarah Personal Injury Attorneys, P.C. for help today at 1-800-229-7989.