Family Dollar recently recalled several kinds of Colgate toothpaste and mouthwash because stores in more than one state did not keep them at the right temperature.
This comes after the franchise owned by Dollar Tree voluntarily recalled over-the-counter medicines last month.
Some of these products, like Clearblue pregnancy tests, Trojan condoms, and Polident denture products, also failed to meet temperature requirements.
The Food and Drug Administration put out both recall notices on September 16, and by Tuesday, September 20, they were the most-searched terms on Google.
They didn’t say what temperature the products were kept at or how long they had been there on either notice.
But Family Dollar said that it hasn’t heard of any complaints or reports of illness from customers about the Colgate products or the over-the-counter medicines.
The recall of over-the-counter products was done “out of an abundance of caution,” the company said in a letter.
“Family Dollar has told the affected stores to check their stock right away and to put any affected products in quarantine and stop selling them,” the company said in a statement. “Customers who may have bought affected products can return them without a receipt to the Family Dollar store where they were bought.”
The FDA has asked Family Dollar stores in 11 states (Arizona, California, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, and Utah) to take back the following Colgate toothpaste and mouthwashes:
- Colgate Optic White Stain Prevention Toothpaste, 2.1 ounces
- Colgate Optic White Charcoal Toothpaste, 4.2 ounces
- Colgate Optic White Mouthwash, 16 fluid ounces
- Colgate Optic White High Impact Toothpaste, 3 ounces
- Colgate Optic White Toothpaste Icy Fresh, 3.2 ounces
- Colgate Optic White Stain Fighter Toothpaste Clean Mint, 4.2 ounce
The FDA says that Family Dollar is also recalling dozens of over-the-counter products, such as condoms made by Trojan, pregnancy tests made by Clearblue, nasal spray, eye drops, and denture adhesive.
The recall affects some stores in every state except Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, Alaska, and Hawaii.
- Clearblue Smart Countdown Pregnancy Test, 1 count
- Lifestyles Skin Non-Latex Lubricated Condoms, 3 count
- VeriQuick Pregnancy Test, 1 count
- First Response (pregnancy test), 2 count
- Skyn Original Non-Latex Condoms, 12 count
- Skyn Elite Non-Latex Condoms, 12 count
- VeriQuick Pregnancy Test, 1 count
- At Home Marijuana Test Strip
- Trojan Ultra Ribbed Lubed (condoms), 3 count
- VeriQuick Pregnancy Test, 2 count
- Trojan Ultra Thin Condom Latex, 3 count
- Skyn Elite Large Non-Latex Condom, 12 count
- Preferred UTI Test, 1 count
- Lifestyles Ultra Sensitive Condoms, 12 count
- Clear Eyes Contact Lens Drops Lubricating, 0.5 fluid ounces
- Bausch & Lomb Biotrue Multi-Purpose Solution, 4 fluid ounces
- GoodSense Saline Solution, 12 fluid ounces
- KY Jelly Lubricant, 2 fluid ounces
- Opti-Free Replenish Multi-Purpose (contact lens solution), 2 ounces
- Simply Saline Nasal Mist, 3.1 ounces
- Opti-Free Puremoist Disinfecting Solution, 4 fluid ounces
- Dentemp One Step, 0.077 ounces
- Fixodent Original Cream, 2.4 ounces
- Dr. Talbot’s Toddler Toothpaste Brush, Tutti Frutti
- Curad Strong Waterproof Strip, 1 inch, 20 count
- GoodSense Denture Cleanser GRN Tablet,40 count
- Fixodent Adhesive Cream Ultra Max Hold, 2.2 ounces
- Curad First Aid Kit
- Poligrip Power Max Hold, 2.2 ounces
- New Skin Liquid Bandage, Clear, 0.3 fluid ounces
- Travel Kit Toothbrush, Cap, Paste In Pouch, 1 count
- Fixodent Original Cream, Travel, 0.75 ounces
- Polident Denture Cleanser Tablets, 28 count
- Poligrip Adhesive Cream, Additive Free, 2.4 ounces
- GoodSense Denture Cleaner Overnight Tablets, 40 count
- Polident Denture Cleansers, 84 count
- Polident Overnight Whitening Tablets, 28 count
- Fixodent Adhesive Cream with Scope, 2 ounces
- Poligrip Extra Care Adhesive Cream, 2.2 ounces
- Super Poligrip Adhesive Cream, 0.75 ounces
- Poligrip Denture Adhesive Original, 2.4 ounces
Alexander Shunnarah Trial Attorneys
Defective Products can cause consumers serious injuries. We will regularly post recent recalls on our website on our latest news blog at: https://shunnarah.com/category/latest-news/. If you or a loved one is injured by a defective or unsafe product, call our personal injury lawyers today at 1-800-229-7989.