In this day and age we are all connected to some form of social media. Updating our status and checking likes on photos is part of our daily routine. However, most of us don’t realize the harm that social media can do when it comes to a lawsuit.
Alexander Shunnarah Personal Injury Attorneys, P.C. has insights on the DOs and DON’Ts of social media when connected to your case.
If you are part of any personal injury lawsuit, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Refrain from all social media usage
- Set your profiles to “private” so the public will have limited access to your accounts
- Do not post details about your accident, injuries or case
- Do not post photos/videos about your case
- Do not respond to others’ comments about your case
- Tell friends and family not to post about your case on their social media platforms
What you post on social media can be misconstrued and used against you in a case.
If you have any questions about the possible impact of social media when connected to a lawsuit, call Alexander Shunnarah Personal Injury Attorneys, P.C. at 1-800-229-7989 today!